In March, 2022, the Lesic & Camper team planned and managed a luncheon and panel discussion at the Ohio Statehouse, featuring medical providers, advocates and a patient who discussed sickle cell disease. The program, “Sickle Cell Disease: The State of Patients & Progress in Ohio,” highlighted advances in therapies and continuing challenges for people who live with SCD, from infancy through adulthood. SCD is a hereditary condition that affects the blood and can present painful and debilitating symptoms for people who live with this disease. Our execution of this event is part of our work with Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
We extend sincere thanks to our panel participants:
• Eddie Pauline, President and CEO, BioOhio
• Rep. Thomas West (D-Canton)
• Susan Creary, MD, MSc, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
• Dee Meier RN, BSN, ACN, Sickle Cell Nurse Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital
• Santina Ciarallo NP, UH Seidman (Adult) Sickle Cell Team
• Lisa M. Shook DHPE, MA, MCHES, CCP Administrative Director Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center & Asst. Professor University of Cincinnati Dept. of Pediatrics
• Annie Ross-Womack, Executive Director Ohio Sickle Cell and Health Association
• Habiba Bankston, SCD Patient and Executive Director, Dress for Success Columbus
A report on our event can be found here.